Abu Hurairah (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: The Messenger of Allah (sallallaahu ’alayhi wa sallam) said, “Allah makes the way to Jannah easy for him who treads the path in search of knowledge.” [Muslim].
“Knowledge” refers to Islamic knowledge. Then, what better thing than an Islamic school?
In San Francisco, United States, there is no full time Islamic school. A weekend Islamic school called San Francisco Islamic School (SFIS) is hoping to buy a building and offer full time school services for children – but they need your help.
SFIS needs £1.3M dollars to buy a building to house the school. Using the popular crowd funding platform IndieGoGo, SFIS is currently aiming to raise $520,000 to cover the down payment of a shariah compliant loan to buy the building. They have set the IndieGoGo target at $50,000 (deliberately low in order to avoid falling short of the campaign target, which would result in them having to pay a higher admin fee to IndieGoGo. Basically, $50,000 is the tip of the iceberg and they will need a lot more.) The problem is, with only 45 days to run on the IndieGoGo campaign, they are still $36,443 short.
The finished building will comprise of:
• 8 Classrooms of various sizes
• 4 Bathrooms
• 5 Offices
• 1 Cafeteria (120 people)
• 1 Full Size Kitchen
• 1 Auditorium (220 people)
• Property Size: 11,657 sq-ft
[Words taken from the campaign:
- Through the support of our family and friends, our goal is to raise the entire amount to purchase the building ~ $1.3M
- $520,000 is needed for the downpayment of the Shariah compliant loan
- Note: SFIS is a non-profit organization and all funds collected for the purpose of the full time school are classified as “Restricted” and can only be used for the full time school project.
- Your donations are tax deductible.
- What if you’re not a Muslim? You can and should support this historic endeavour. San Francisco is a world class city, it has an estimated Muslim population of over 16,000, and does not have a full time school to meet its needs.]
Facilitate this important cause and help these students receive an Islamic education based on the Quran and sunnah, combined with a formal state education.
This would be classed as sadaqah jariyah (ongoing charity that inshallah will earn you multiple rewards). Consider helping to teach a child about Islam and that child practising and then teaching others. The reach is unimaginable and if you do this for the sake of Allah SWT, the rewards would be too.
You can donate ANY amount. As an example, $50 is approximately £33 at the present time (check with your bank for an accurate figure).
Leave a comment here or on my Facebook account to let me know if you have donated or passed the message on to others.
Find SFIS on Facebook:
Share the campaign with friends and family through this link:
or by sharing The Writer’s post: https://aminathewriter.wordpress.com/2013/03/05/help-build-an-islamic-school/